International tourism, one of the main sources of income for the largest of the Antilles, has been paralyzed by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cuba, Bruno Rodríguez, has announced that the country will reopen its borders as of November 15, 2021.There will be a controlled and staggered reopening of national borders as of November 15, 2021 which will lead to an increase in flights and arrivals of international visitors. Therefore, the 10 international airports in the national territory are ready to operate.
International sanitary control measures
- Cuba eliminates the mandatory quarantine of international travelers upon arrival in the country as of November 7.
- All international travelers (Cuban or foreign) who arrive in the country must present a health passport or international certificate of anti-COVID-19 of those vaccines certified by the corresponding regulatory agencies.
- All travelers who do not present a health passport or international anti-COVID-19 vaccination certification, are obliged to present a COVID-19 negative RT-PCR certification at arrival no less than 72 hours before traveling, performed in a certified laboratory in the country of origin.
- Children under 12 years of age, regardless of their nationality upon arrival in Cuba, are exempt from presenting a vaccination schedule or RT-PCR test.
- The presentation of the Declaration of Health of the Traveler will be required.
- To board the flight at origin, airlines will require their passengers to provide evidence of a vaccination scheme, or a negative RT-PCR test applied within 72 hours beforehand.
- The International Sanitary Control staff will randomly take the sample for RT-PCR at the airport.
Current requirements to travel to Cuba
Es decir, desde el 15 de noviembre, los requisitos para viajar a Cuba para los viajeros vacunados son:
- Valid passport
- Tourist card.
- Insurance to travel to Cuba with COVID coverage.
- Vaccination certificate: you must have the complete schedule and it must have been at least 14 days since the last dose.
- Complete the Declaration of Health of the Traveler.
- Roundtrip plane ticket.