This post may contain affiliate links, meaning IC Caribbean gets a commission if you decide to make a purchase, at no additional cost to you
Are you exploring best Caribbean destinations for Valentine’s day? As a custom all over the world, February is the month where Valentine’s Day is celebrated. Couples declare their love for each other, propose, or get married. You might decide to take your loved ones to a romantic dinner, many people give their partners gifts like chocolate, jewelry, or flowers (especially roses). And then some might decide to have a romantic getaway.
If you decide to have a romantic getaway with your loved ones then you should definitely consider the Caribbean as a Valentine’s Day destination. White sand beaches that stretch for miles, private hideaways with infinity pools, and glistening crystal blue waters make the Caribbean islands perfect for couples looking to take a romantic getaway.
From resorts with a big dose of local flair to luxurious overwater bungalows on a secluded private island, couples have their fair share of choices when it comes to Caribbean island getaways.
Romance, for you, may mean lying out on the beach, having your next great snorkeling adventure, or being completely pampered. Either way, booking a couples stay at one of the best romantic island getaways below will always be a great idea.
Here are our top Caribbean destinations for Valentine’s day
1. St. Lucia
St Lucia is a magnificent country, with rich culture, natural beauty, and friendly locals. The island nation is known for its stunning beauty, spectacular pristine beaches, excellent West Indian cuisine, wonderful nature and wildlife and top notch resorts. It’s a Caribbean paradise!
Here are a few easy and quick-to-execute things couples can enjoy for Valentine’s Day in Saint Lucia.
- Paint and sip at the Bél Koulé. Enjoying any drink of your choice while creating artistic masterpiece with your couple is definitely a must for the classy couplesHave a private staycation at night in a luxurious resort in utter silence with you and your partner.
- Go private dining in one of St Lucia’s finest restaurants like Marjorie’s Restaurant & Bar in Cas En Bas and Fisherman’s Wharf in the north of the island.
- Take a stroll with your significant other on the Bon Nouvel trail, in Esperance.
- Take your partner scuba diving, snorkeling, kite-surfing, ATV touring, Segway gliding or zip lining through the rain forest.
- Take a trip to one of the island’s stables in Vieux Fort or Beausejour, Gros-Islet for a romantic horseback riding.
Bahamas is a tropical paradise that boasts of azure blue oceans, abundant marine and wildlife, lush green jungles, bustling streets, exotic seafood, cheery people, and fascinating history that includes the history of pirates. Visiting the Bahamas is certainly a divine experience.
When it comes to romantic getaways, the Bahamas is unbeatable. In addition to being a wonderful honeymoon destination, the Bahamas also makes a wonderful location for tying the knot with your soulmate because of its abundance of unspoiled islands and coastline that disappears into the crystal-clear Atlantic, vibrant coral reefs, exciting water activities, and a variety of luxurious resorts where you can relax and rejuvenate under the Caribbean sun.
The three main islands In the Bahamas provide a wide array of activities that are perfect for couples to enjoy together. The following are few ideas for romantic things that couples can do while on vacation in the Bahamas:
- Fritters made with conch are a must-have for any couple visiting the Bahamas who are looking for something novel and delectable to try while they are there.
- Have a sunset catamaran cruise over Nassau Harbor with your significant other.
- Take a sunset walk on the beaches with your partner if you’re seeking a romantic evening out.
- Go swimming in the gorgeous beaches of Exumas.
- Consider spending a day or two exploring the local straw markets.
Beach Travel Deals!
Spring Season Deals!
3. St Martin/Sint Maarten
There are plenty of reasons to visit St Martin – from stunning white-sand beaches and crystal clear waters to duty-free shopping, vibrant nightlife and diverse cultures. Plus, as a dual-nation island with two different cultures and two different vibes, you get a two-for-the-price-of-one Caribbean island vacation. The islands are known for stunning beaches, delicious food, and friendly people. Here are few Valentine’s Day ideas you can do:
- Enjoy breakfast at the Yacht Club Bar & Restaurant in Simpson Bay by the water as yachts come and go through the bridge.
- Enjoy a jet ski trip together as you cruise through the lagoon and past most of St. Maarten’s beautiful beaches.
- Take in a stunning sunset from Cupecoy beach as light reflects off the many beach’s cliffs.
- Forget about the world with a very romantic dinner at the Marrakech restaurant in Marigot with a décor from the Tales Of The Arabian Nights, Oriental music, great dishes and mint tea.
- Go glass bottom kayaking all the while seeing fish swim around the reef, an amusing and relaxing couple’s activity.
To many, Jamaica is the heart of the Caribbean. The birthplace of reggae music, the Rastafari movement and all-inclusive resorts, Jamaica symbolises many of the things most loved.
With its secluded beaches, tropical flora and laid-back vibes – not to mention perfect weather nearly year-round – it’s no wonder that so many couples travel to this island paradise in search of a romantic getaway. Some prefer to relax and rekindle; others are looking to get a little adventurous and make memories. Here are some things you can do with your loved one in Jamaica:
- Watch sunset by Lovers’ Leap, especially on Sundays which are complimented by the sweet strains of saxophone and live music.
- Take the Downtown Kingston Creative Art Walk together.
- Do water-sports together such as scuba diving, parasailing and snorkelling.
- Picnic under the stars at Emancipation Park in Kingston.
- Swim and sail in the bioluminescent Luminous Lagoon in Trelawny.
- Take a catamaran cruise or hop aboard a glass-bottomed boat.
5. Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is one of the best destinations for couples who are looking for a romantic getaway to the Caribbean to enjoy a beachfront paradise. Learn about couple activities that you carryout in Dominican Republic
- Have a horseback ride along the beach at Uvero Alto.
- Indulge in endless walks by the crystal clear beaches, followed by a candlelit dinner or indulge in an ultra-romantic moonlight massage by the beach for you and your boo.
- Enjoy making photographic memories whilst sipping on a drink and immersing yourself in nature’s pure bliss in Saona Island.
- Take a refreshing dip together in the turquoise waters of the Hoyo Azul
- Try your couples’ luck at the hottest casino in the Caribbean at the legendary Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana!
- Float above Punta Cana and the Bavaro Coast aboard a hot-air balloon.
SAVE BIG ON FLIGHT DEALS!
You do not have to break the bank when planning that getaway with your loved ones. Check out our cheapest flight deals to book your flights.
Relax, enjoy one of our podcast episodes below and feel the Caribbean vibe as you get ready for Trinidad and Tobago Carnival Celebrations 2023!