Cliff Jumping at Jamaica Ricks Cafe is one of the breathtaking moments you would like to experience in your life and know about its history, beauty and precautions.
Almost everyone has heard about Jamaica. It has been one of the beautiful Caribbean countries you ever visit in your life. Ricks Cafe Jamaica is one of the sites you have to notice and visit.
Ricks Cafe Negril Jamaica has been named one of the top bars in the world, and it should be on your Jamaica bucket list.
To ensure that you obtain a good place, arrive early. Around sunset, the pub tends to fill up. Please note that the upper rooms are only available if you place an order for meals.
Ricks Café is perched on a cliff near Negril’s west edge. Richard Hershman opened it in 1974 when Negril was still a peaceful fishing community. Ricks Café has been ravaged by two storms, but each time it has resurfaced stronger.
History of Ricks Cafe Jamaica
Rick’s Cafe in Negril is a must-see destination on your journey to the island if you want an unequalled view of the best Jamaican sunsets from atop a 35-foot high cliff on the West End. Thrill-seekers go to this world-famous bar and restaurant, which has been featured extensively in worldwide media and has been named one of the top bars in the world, the best bar for sunsets, and one of the 1000 places to see before you die.
Rick’s Cafe, one of Jamaica’s most popular attractions, is a bar and restaurant, but most visitors come for the cliff-diving and to watch the sunset into an awe-inspiring sunset.
- Richard Hershman (or Rick) opened Ricks Café Bar and Restaurant in 1974, and it was the first public bar on the West End Cliffs, providing an alternative to Negril’s magnificent seven-mile beach. Negril was not a tourist destination like it is now when it first opened, but rather a peaceful fishing community with little development.
- It lacked many contemporary conveniences such as power, telephone, and hot running water, thus visitors primarily came to swim and sunbathe. Despite been ravaged by natural catastrophes twice in the last 45 years, Hurricane Gilbert in 1984 and Hurricane Ivan in 2004, this site has remained one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean.
- Relax to relaxing reggae music while drinking handcrafted cocktails and eating delectable meals while basking in the sun’s rays or seeing the vivid sunset’s seething crimson hues.
- Rick’s, a Negril tradition since the hippie days of the 1960s and 1970s, is one of the resort town’s most well-known sights, drawing busloads of visitors every evening for sunset. If you’re staying in Montego Bay, don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Cliff Jumping in Jamaica: What You Should Know Before Jumping
- If you plan to go cliff diving, bring a swimsuit with you.
- Bring a camera with you.
- It’s a good idea to bring a change of clothes.
- Keep an eye out for dolphins in the ocean; if you’re lucky, you might spot them.
- Get a Ricks Café t-shirt as a memento. It costs $30 in the United States.
- If you want to go diving, arrive early. Depending on the season, sunset in Jamaica is around 6:00 p.m. In the summer, sunset is later in the day, whereas in the winter, sunset is earlier.
- You should bring cash to tip the Jamaican divers.
- Rick’s Café is standing at the edge of a 35-foot cliff, offering beautiful sights.
- There are rooms on the second floor which are only offered if you purchase food.
- Plan to arrive early because the bar is usually busiest around sunset.
The beauty of Ricks Cafe Jamaica
- If you join up with firms like Island Routes, you can have a Ricks Cafe Jamaica diving experience plus a tour for roughly $20.
- To keep guests safe, the event includes certified lifeguards and security on duty.
The Café area is around 5-10 minutes away from most hotels in Negril. The cliffs range in height from 8 to 40 feet, with a 27-foot option for those brave enough to try cliff diving or cliff leaping. If you decide to jump, you should most likely begin at the bottom and work your way up. We recommend that you leave scuba diving to the professionals. Keep in mind that the nearest hospital is 90 minutes away whether diving or leaping.
- Visitors and locals alike attend the Café’s restaurant and bar daily. The pub is well-known for serving liquid courage to anyone brave enough to attempt the cliff jump! If you’re not as daring, arrive an hour before sunset to witness the professional local cliff jumpers for an adrenaline rush that’s often just as good. By the time you’ve got your fill of thrills, it’ll be time to settle in for a sunset viewing from the cliffs’ edge. If the gorgeous sunset’s scarlet, orange, and purple hues aren’t enough to warn you, the live band playing reggae music in the backdrop will.
How to get to Ricks Cafe Negril Jamaica
While many boat tours will take you to Ricks Cafe Negril, I recommend going on your own. The cost of a taxi ride from your hotel or resort is not comparable to the cost of the tour. Even if the boat tours feature limitless beverages, you surely have something comparable at your resort. And you’ll probably wind up buying a drink at Rick’s Cafe regardless.
The majority of the boat tours depart before sunset, and watching the sunset from Ricks Cafe Jamaica is one of the highlights of the trip. That’s something you don’t want to miss out on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is cliff jumping safely?
- That, of course, depends on how you choose to partake in the activity and how thorough you are in your research before diving into the depths.
- Because cliff jumping mishaps are widespread, it’s best to proceed with caution.
- Before you jump in, there are a few things you should think about.
Dos and don’ts during cliff jumping
- If you can’t swim, don’t try cliff jumping.
- If you’re wearing a two-piece, make sure your bikini top is tied properly and your shorts fit properly.
- Prepare to interact with aquatic species up close to the action.
When is the best time to jump?
- There are normally more people in the area at this time, which is beneficial if you are a first-time cliff jumping because it allows you to observe others jump before you make your own.
is ricks cafe jamaica open?
Rick’s Cafe is 90 minutes from the hotel and is open daily from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
ricks cafe jamaica how high?
The cliffs range in height from 8 feet to 40 feet, with a 27-foot option for those daring individuals interested in cliff diving or cliff leaping.
who owns ricks cafe jamaica?
Richard Hershman (or Rick) opened Ricks Café Bar and Restaurant in 1974, and it was the first public bar on the West End Cliffs, providing an alternative to Negril’s magnificent seven-mile beach.