If you are one of those people, who love trying different types of dishes from other countries at some cultural festival, then the second week of November has something special in store to tantalize your taste buds. Wondering what we are talking about? Well, we are talking about the ST Barth Gourmet Festival, which is probably the biggest French gastronomic event. This cultural event is actually an annual multi-day festival, which draws foodies from all over the world. Not just in the Caribbean, but the event marks a prominent place on the international calendar too.
The origin of the ST Barth Gourmet Festival
The festival traces back its roots to 2013 when it was founded mainly to showcase mind-blowing French cuisine to its community. First, the festival was limited to local people only but, gradually, it grabbed popularity and became an international affair.
Who hosts the festival?
The Festival is held by the Saint Barthélemy Tourism Committee. The ST Barth Gourmet Festival handles all the expenses and other management of the festival. Usually, the festival is sponsored by some French Michelin-starred participants.
What is the purpose of the festival?
Like every festival, there is a reason for the celebration of this festival too. Let us tell you without making you wait for much that the main purpose of the ST Barth Gourmet Festival is to showcase and celebrate French gastronomy. This festival is so popular in France that some of the finest chefs in the country shut their own restaurants down and head to the Caribbean to attend the festival with utmost pomp. Though Frenchs are in majority, the festival highlights the expertise of chefs from all over the world.
When does the festival take place?
ST Barth Gourmet Festival is an annual festival that takes place in November every year. The dates may vary every year but it is sure to happen in November. The little cool breeze of November gets more beautiful and energetic during this festival on the Island.
How long does the festival last?
This mega gourmet event is a 4-days festival excluding the opening and culminating ceremony. In these 4 days, the Island witnesses the largest exhibition of multi-course dinners and food items. You can attend the festival and give your taste buds a heavenly treat.
What happens in the ST Barth Gourmet Festival?
As you already know that the ST Barth Gourmet Festival is a gourmet festival you can assume what this event would be all about? Yes, you have guessed it right. This event offers you some of the finest cuisines and flavors all together in one place. The event has some featured chefs and they showcase their menu across several restaurants. Gently lit and ventilated by the soothing ocean breeze, these restaurants offer the guests a one-of-a-kind dinner experience.
Who participates in the ST Barth Gourmet Festival?
Of course, as it is a food event, chefs are the center point of the event. Nevertheless, everyone can participate in the event and can enjoy its oh-so-delicious cuisines.
ST Barth Gourmet Festival 2022
This year, it’s going to be the 9th edition of the ST Barth Gourmet Festival. Last year, ST Barth Gourmet Festival couldn’t take place because of Covid 19. Though the event will take place as it did in previous years too, this year there is something that is going to be the first time. Wondering what it is? Well, this year, the chief guests are required to cook at least one dish with local products for the first time in history.
As usual, every chief guest will be hosted by a hotel partner or venue where the chef will prepare multiple dishes that will be served throughout the festival.
Venues you for ST Barth Gourmet Festival 2022
This grand 4-day festival will create its magic in different venues. Those venues are:
- Hotel Christopher
- Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Carl Gustaf
- Le Sereno Hotel
- Hotel Manapany
- Cheval Blanc St. Barth Isle de France Hotel
- Le Guanahani Hotel
- Nikki Beach
Chefs participating in ST Barth Gourmet Festival 2022
A total of 11 chefs will grace the event this year and amaze people worldwide with their impressive culinary art. The name of these chefs are:
- Gérald Passédat, chief guest chef at Hôtel Rosewood Le Guanahani St.Barth
- Christopher Coutanceau, chief guest chef at Hôtel Christopher
- Jean Georges Vongerichten and Cédric Vongerichten, chief guest chefs at Eden Rock – Saint Barth
- Alan Geaam, chief guest chef at Hôtel Manapany
- Tom Meyer, chief guest chef at Zion Saint Barth
- Fanny Rey, chief guest chef at Restaurant L’Esprit Saline
- Mohamed Cheikh, chief guest chef at Restaurant Bagatelle St. Barth
- Georgiana Viou, chief guest chef at Hôtel Le Sereno
- Cédric Grolet, chief guest chef at Cheval Blanc St Barth Isle de France
- Juan Arbelaez, chief guest chef at Nikki Beach Saint Barth.
When does the ST Barth Gourmet Festival in 2022 start?
This grand gourmet festival will start on 8th November and continue to amaze people till 13th November. The schedule for the activities in this 4-day event is:
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2022
- 6:30 pm: Opening Ceremony at the Hotel Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth (by invitation only) WEDNESDAY
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2022
- 9:30 am: Press Conference in presence of chief guest chefs at Palace Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France.
- From 12 pm Lunch at Nikki Beach Partner Restaurant of the Festival.
- 6 pm; Sturia: Tasting workshops at the Foodland La Boutique (upon registration)
- From 7 pm: Chef’s Dinner at Festival Partner Restaurants.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2022
- From 12 pm: Lunch at Nikki Beach Partner Restaurant of the Festival. •
- 2-5 pm: “ST-BARTH BARTENDER CONTEST” by Enjoy St Barth & Italicus, at Palace Cheval Blanc St-Barth Isle de France.
- 6 pm: Sturia: Tasting workshops at the Foodland La Boutique (upon registration)
- From 7 pm: Chef’s Dinner at Festival Partner Restaurants.
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2022
- From 12 pm Lunch at Nikki Beach Partner Restaurant of the Festival. •
- 7 pm: “COURSE DES GARÇONS DE CAFÉ” departing from La Cantina by Enjoy St Barth & Ricard, (open to the public).
- From 7 pm: Chef’s Dinner at Festival Partner Restaurants. SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2022
- From 12 pm: Lunch at Nikki Beach Partner Restaurant of the Festival.
- From 7 pm; Chef’s Dinner at Festival Partner Restaurants.
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2022
- 7:15 am: “ST BARTH CHEFS CHALLENGE” by Champagne Barons de Rothschild at Bonito, in collaboration with the CEM, the Island’s Farmers, and the Fisheries Committee (Competition upon registration at CTTSB)
- 10:30 am: “PETITES TOQUES ST BARTH” by Chocolat Weiss & Eco Island. Parvis de la Collectivité (Competition upon registration at CTTSB)
- 12:30 pm Awards, Parvis de la Collectivité, Gustavia.
So, this was all about the ST Barth Gourmet Festival 2022. The Caribbean Island is gearing up for the event. Be a part of it and tickle your taste buds. Believe us, you will get a never-forgetting experience.
Have you checked our exclusive IC Caribbean Shop? Go through it to explore some unique travel accessories and enjoy your upcoming vacation.
IC Caribbean invites aspirants to join our internship program. Work with us to get exposure in the international travel industry and work with a diverse team of professionals.
Here is our recent podcast episode on Grenada Travel Below: